Up to £44437.00 per annum + + Shift allowance, Bonus, Pension
0161 707 1516
about 2 months ago
A member of a multi-disciplined shift operating team with mixed process, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation skills conducting operations, inspection, testing and maintenance of plant and process related equipment within the Tails Management Facility to meet operational targets with regard to throughput, quality and cost whilst maintaining a safe, healthy and effective working environment.
Using various lean improvement tools, the role involves initiating & driving improvements in business performance with a view to achieving world class performance levels that contribute to the growth of the business for the future
Experience & Skills Required
- Ability to interpret and follow written operational procedures, drawings and diagrams and utilise the BPCS (Basic Plant Control System) through the SCADA and local interfaces to operate, monitor and control complex processing operations.
- Ability to use technical information and control system output to aid equipment fault finding and process troubleshooting.
- Capable of maintaining accurate written records of measurement data and operational activities to meet the high standards required to comply with regulatory requirements
- IT literate to support use of Microsoft applications, SAP and other bespoke plant software
- Skilled in radiological monitoring for routine survey, waste segregation and specific with-cause monitoring requirements.
- Skilled in basic laboratory analysis techniques to undertake on-plant control analysis
- Additional specific emergency response roles will require specific skills and aptitude
- Across the multi-disciplined team Technicians will be expected to have a mix of additional skills e.g. craft mechanical, electrical, instrumentation skills, training delivery, permit issuer, advanced radiological monitoring, Duly Authorised Person status, a continuous improvement & problem solving mindset etc.
- Experience of plant and process operation in a chemical or nuclear process plant environment including:
- Preparation of process and materials
- Transfer of materials into and between production stages
- Operation, monitoring, control and adjustment of processes both local to plant and via instrumented control systems
- Sampling and testing of materials for control
- Logging, recording and transferring information on plant / process status using electronic, written and verbal methods
- Experience of preparation of plant and equipment for maintenance, carrying out maintenance consistent with skills and competency and reinstatement of the work area on completion of maintenance.
- An understanding of the theory, principles and practice of simple business improvement techniques and experience in their use to solve process problems and support efficiency improvements
- Sound knowledge and understanding of administrative, health, safety, environmental, security and waste disposal procedures and regulatory requirements relevant to TMF.
The Minimum requirements:
HNC / HND Mechanical Engineering and time served apprenticeship
OR 10 years experience in a similar role within a Chemical Plant environment
Units and elements of a recognised Process Operations qualification e.g.NVQ Levels 3 ideally 4
GCSE Grade C Maths or English or above or equivalent Numerical skills qualification
A Business Improvement Qualification eg six sigma green belt OR NEBOSH safety qualification