£27000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
17 days ago
Morson Talent are currently recruiting for a Service Engineer on a permanent basis for one of our well known clients in the Birmingham area.
Salary: £14 per hour (£15 after probationary period)
Hours / shifts: Days - Occasional weekend work
* Long term career progression
* Very good job security
* Opportunities to train, learn and progress (good managers and supervisors to learn from and work with)
* Profitable company with investment and planned growth
* Desirably a time served apprentice (Mechanical)
* NVQ Level 2 - 3 / ONC or above in Mechanical Engineering - ESSENTIAL
* Experienced working in environments with heavy mechanical equipment and mobile plant whilst using overhead cranes and lifting equipment
* Various backgrounds considered: Manufacturing, Ex Forces, Steel etc.
* Health and safety focused, good awareness and a can do attitude.
* A full valid driving license is essential
* Fundamental knowledge of heavy mechanical plant, including excavators, bulldozers, dump trucks etc RRV preferred
* Experience with Pneumatics and Hydraulic systems essential
* Assist with breakdowns, maintenance and reliability of electromechanical machinery, equipment and plant.
* Maintenance of various sections of the depot - Fault finding and repair
* Assist with service and repair
* Health and safety focused.