Up to £0.00 per annum
16 days ago
Our nuclear sector client based in the Kent area has an ongoing contract role for a Mechanical Project Engineer
Purpose of Role
To provide fit for purpose engineering solutions for complex projects. To ensure that design authority standards and configuration control are applied appropriately.
A Project Engineer (Senior) will provide more complex engineering solutions to higher profile projects, underpinned by a high level of technical knowledge and experience.
* Identify project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for assigned project.
* Manage engineering support to the project.
* Contribute to production of Project Execution Plans including design, safety case and commissioning strategies.
* Support project optioneering process.
* Develop concept design and fit for purpose engineering solution for projects.
* Produce and/or approve project technical specifications.
* Manage detailed design activities in accordance with design authority standards.
* Prepare modification proposals as required, acting as Nominated Responsible Engineer where appointed.
* Carry out technical assessment/approval of contractors work instruction/method statements/risk assessments.
* Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
* Approve as built drawings.
* Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning
* Manage hand over to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
* Liaise and consult with system engineer and other stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
* Maintain site configuration control throughout project lifecycle.
* Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Review on-site and off-site events and root cause analysis to promote improved working practices.
* The post holder may be required to undertake delegated responsibility for the Design Authority and act as a site intelligent customer.
* Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
* Deputise for Section Head when required.
* The post holder may be required to undertake emergency scheme duties
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
* Appropriate HNC, National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 5 preferably degree level (NQF level 6) or working towards
* Membership of a relevant Engineering Institution
* Chartered Status.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
* Significant experience in a practising disciplined Engineering role (Mechanical, Electrical, C & I or Civil) on industrial plant
* Significant experience of nuclear and/or conventional project engineering
* Detailed understanding of relevant Company and/or national engineering standards
* Working knowledge of the Safety Rules and working knowledge of risk assessment methodology.
* Detailed knowledge of relevant Site Licence and Quality Management System requirements.
* Detailed knowledge of CDM Designer role
* Contract Management
* Project delivery experience
Please note that this role is in IR35 Scope