Up to £32000.00 per annum
Ian C Hull BA (Hons) Dip RP
29 days ago
Mechanical Maintenance Technician - Northwich
Hours of work: 7.30am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday (12pm to 8pm one week in 4)
Package in the region of 32k inclusive of allowances + Overtime
Who are we?
Tata Chemicals Europe (TCE) is the UK's sole producer of sodium carbonate and sodium bicarbonate, as well as the market leading producer of salt.
There are exciting times ahead for us as we embark on major investment across all our manufacturing sites in Cheshire to grow our business. This programme of investment and development at our Lostock site includes major infrastructure projects that will secure our position as a market leader in the production of Soda Ash.
We are seeking qualified Mechanical Maintenance Fitters, with experience ideally gained in a heavy industrial environment, to work as part of our on-site Mechanical Maintenance team to:
* Maintain, overhaul and repair plant and equipment
* Be able to safely work alone and as part of a multi-disciplined team
* Comfortable with SAP CMMS systems to document Asset History
* Deliver and Execute Planned Preventive Maintenance routines and inspections
* Minimise downtime and Maximise production reliability.
The plant is complex, ageing, highly integrated and operates continuously. Therefore our roles require good problem solving skills as well as technical ability.
What kind of person are we looking for?
* Has a 'can do' attitude and strong a commitment to working safely, who understands that equipment availability is a priority for a 24 x7 manufacturing process.
* Is willing to provide out of hours on-call cover.
* Has completed an Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3 /ONC standards in a relevant Mechanical discipline.
* Has experience in lifting and slinging as well as oxy fuel burning skills.
* Experience of maintaining high speed rotating equipment would also be advantageous.
What can you expect in return?
Our people have always been at the center of the company's success and in return for their hard work and commitment, we offer a generous benefits package including:
* 37 days holidays per year (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
* Excellent contributory Pension scheme
* Life Insurance
* One paid day off each year to volunteer for a good cause in the local community
* Paid overtime
* A range of other optional benefit schemes.