26 days ago
A member of a multi-disciplined technical engineering team with core mechanical skills providing the maintenance, repair, installation, commissioning, calibration, inspection and modification of plant and process related equipment in a safe, cost effective and reliable manner.
This section looks at the factual, quantitative and financial information particularly relevant to this job that helps to establish job size. This could be both things directly controlled by the job holder but also facts about things that are particularly influenced by this job.
Key Internal and External Relations
- Internal: Plant Operations, Technical Services, Stores and Compliance
- External: Contractors & Suppliers
- Average team size of 16 people
- £3M average maintenance spend per annum
- Project / Improvement work c£250k per annum
Organisational & Job Context
- This section provides details on the specific or unique context that the job operates within.
- The team provides the full range of either mechanical or electrical and instrument engineering tasks with some relevant specialist engineering knowledge to deliver a technical engineering service for UCP's UF6 deconversion facility.
- The team provides a responsive service to both continuous and batch production processes located on a nuclear licensed site.
- The team works within a highly regulated environment working within strict quality, safety and environmental standards.
- Compliance to internal / external regulations, laws, etc.
Education & Qualifications Required
- Recognised engineering apprenticeship at NVQ Level 3 Essential
- Relevant City and Guilds qualification in Mech Engineering Essential
- Relevant HNC qualification in Mechanical Engineering Desirable
- Relevant work experience in an engineering environment.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of plant equipment and systems across various engineering areas to comply with site license
- Sound knowledge and understanding of administrative, health, safety, environmental, security and waste disposal procedures and regulatory requirements
- The capability of understanding electrical, instrumentation, control and mechanical drawings and technical data sheets to aid fault finding
- IT literate with experience of Microsoft applications, including SAP to input, extract and present data
- Utilise SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems) /PLC information to aid problem solving for plant availability
- Execute condition monitoring / trending on equipment to maintain plant reliability
- Competent in manual handling and LOLER
- Competent in wide range of engineering activities and PUWER
- Competent in inspection and validation of Safety Protective Systems and Relief Devices
- Competent to operate Controlled and Registered workshop Equipment
- Understand, diagnose and repair/calibrate typical process equipment
- Knowledge of fabrication, welding and machining skills
- The ability to recognise, diagnose and repair plant control problems.
- Competent on 415v distribution networks and motor circuits