£34000.00 - £36000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - Days
Location: Cardiff - Easily commutable from Bridgend, Cowbridge, Barry etc.
Annual earnings: £33K - £36K + Lots of holidays & time off + Bonus + Health Care + Pension + Career Development
Hours / shifts: Monday - Friday day shifts (37.5-hour week)
Type Staff / Permanent
Currently recruiting for a Days based Mechanical Engineer to be an integral part of my client's maintenance team, working to a Planned & predictive maintenance schedule across a large varied site - There will also be reactive maintenance work.
The successful candidate will also be working in the on-site workshop, fabrication and welding parts and equipment when required, the time will be approximately 80:20 split between site and workshop.
This is a great opportunity to join a well know manufacturing company, who are looking for to invest time and training into a deserving Mechanical biased Engineer. Excellent long-term options / career opportunities!
- Perform reactive and planned maintenance on a large varied production site
- Fabrication and welding of parts and machinery (on-site)
- Project work - Continuous improvement, upgrades, installations etc.
- Implementing and suggestion Continuous improvements
- Working closely with other areas of the business i.e Quality, Production etc.
- Promote Safe working
- Attending shutdowns
- Apprentice trainer / NVQ level 3 in Mechanical Craft studies (or similar)
- HNC / HND Mech - Not essential
- Must come from a Maintenance / Production background
- Experienced with working with Electro - Mechanical equipment such as but not limited too - Conveyors, Gear boxes, Pumps, Crushers, Packaging machinery, PLC Controlled machinery, Lifting and Material handling equipment, etc.
- Heavy machinery / Plant experience (Preferred by not essential)
The Site / Company
- Profitable company, investment into the plant & promotions.
- Lots of career progression opportunities
To apply please send CV to Chris Wakefield at Morson or call 0161 .- 707 .- 1516 to discuss
FMCG, automated warehousing, stackers, sorters / sortation, robotics, sensors, scanners, labellers, conveyors, packaging or printing, materials handling, recycling plant, foundry, chemical plant, brewery, paper mill, cement works, brick works, asphalt plant, crafts person, welding, lifting, workshop, slinging, crusher, quarry, heavy engineering, manufacturing plant, electromechanical / automated plant. Ex Forces engineers, raf, reme, navy, marine, HV switching, HNC / HND / Time served / formal apprenticeship,