East London, London
£40000.00 - £50000 per annum + Pension + £5,000 car allowance
18 days ago
Mechanical Engineer Surveyor / Inspection Engineer
I'm currently working with a client on this opportunity to become an Engineer Surveyor. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and take on the responsibilities of an Inspector. The role also offers the chance to move away from "Hand-on" work, whilst keeping you on the coalface of engineering.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer Surveyor / Inspection Engineer
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 + £5k Car allowance + 10% Pension
Hours: Monday to Friday - Daytime flexible hours
Location: Home-based, living in East London
What we're looking for:
- Lifting & handling equipment & machinery, materials handling, mechanical handling, overhead cranes, etc. (essential)
- HNC / HND (Level 4+) in Engineering discipline Or IEng or NVQ Level 4 or Eng Tech or LCGI / Licentiateship
- Boilers & pressure systems - air, water, steam systems, compressors, air receivers and refrigeration plant. (desirable / nice to have)
- Ex Forces background can sometimes be ideal but not essential - Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers (REME), RAF, Army, Navy, Marine Engineer.
- Homebased, carry out service surveys and inspections on a wide range of industrial, commercial and manufacturing plant and machinery.
- Ensure equipment is safe and fit for use & complies with legislation (LOLER, PUWER, PSSR, COSHH etc).
- Write reports.
- You will be assigned work / companies to visit in your LOCAL area - manage your own diary. (Flexible hours)
- 40 hours per week - including commuting / travel time & reporting
- Opportunities to train, learn and progress in future
- Profitable company, investment into the staff, promotions, planned growth.
- Never made a redundancy, recession-proof business
To apply, please follow the relevant buttons on this Job page. Alternatively, you can contact me via LinkedIn, Charlie Moore working at Morson International.