Up to £15.56 per hour
8 months ago
Key Role responsibilities
Responsible for all elements necessary to achieve and maintain the quality of deliverable hardware.
* Certification of product in line with processes and procedures.
* Examining for correct assembly.
* Examining the finish of all parts to detect faulty finishing or painting, deterioration of surfaces etc.
* Inspect for physical damage.
* Intermediate inspection checks for non-Product Certification activities.
* Monitoring of operators within the Product Certification Scheme.
* Check, complete and certify all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack.
* Control of non-conforming items.
* Raise and maintain relevant data records/non-conformance reports.
* Produce relevant inspection/quality control documentation/history sheets.
* Care for and use specialised inspection tools.
* Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits.
* Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
* Ensure inspection times are met.
* Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks.
* Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
* Maintain a safe working environment.
* Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
* Willing to contribute to an environment of process improvement.
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
* Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21or HNC.
* Several years' experience as a skilled person preferably with aerospace or defence experience.