Up to £29.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
Morson our currently looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Inspector on behalf of our client, a leading motorsport company.
* To provide an efficient Quality Assurance service.
* To carry out Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities to ensure that all components accepted into stock are of the required quality.
* To support as requested in all Quality Assurance Group areas to ensure that we operate as a cohesive harmonious team.
* Assurance that components are to the correct specification, to include dimensional, issue, material and associated processes.
* Liaise with design engineers to establish fit for purpose of components if any problems have been encountered.
* Identify Non-conforming Components and completion of Inspection reports.
* Ensure that data, is entered into the business system accurately, this is to include but is not limited to - business system bookings, Inspection reports and non-conformances.
* To carryout in process and final Inspection, and Quality Assurance Audits of Externally Manufactured components, in line with the Inspection Matrix, based upon risk to the business.
* To carry out Inspection processes using CMM, Romer, Metrology equipment and CAD to ensure all components are to design specification.
* Understanding the needs of the department to continually improve its operational functionality, and to operate within our Continuous improvement Elements.
* To work with Production Control to deliver the priorities effectively and meet the needs of the business, ensuring proactive progression of parts through the department.
* To work with Quality Engineers to understand and improve the confidence to supply parts to the correct specification.
* Ensure that the department is clean and tidy at ALL times.
* Any other duties within the Quality Assurance Group as assigned.
* To ensure that company policies and procedures are administered consistently, seeking advice where appropriate, e.g. holiday bookings, sickness absence, disciplinary and grievance matters.
* Ensure the highest standards of quality, Health and Safety commitment and behaviour are maintained, and all standing Company operating procedures are followed.
* To carry out necessary factory based duties as specified by the Head of Quality Assurance and Manufacturing Engineering.
This role will be working nightshift 19:30 - 06:30 Monday - Friday night (5 nights).
The rate will be £29.00 per hour on an Umbrella basis or £21.50 PAYE plus an additional £3.13 in lieu of holiday pay.