£14.72 - £21.50 per annum
4 months ago
We are recruiting for an experienced Mechanical fitter for workshop based work in Plymouth,
Experience in pump overhaul is essential for the role,
Duties to include:
- Undertake installation, repair, maintenance and manufacture of ship equipment.
- Competent to work on mechanical equipment and systems in the marine defence and commercial industry.
- Read drawings, interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
- Carry out surveys and pre-refit examinations of equipment, machinery and structures / fittings.
- Set to work by the use of test equipment.
- Carry out functional testing.
- May be involved in the calibration of instrumentation and gauges (training provided)
- Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of mechanical fitter.
- Cleaning up of own work arisings.
- Slinging duties as required.
- Any other task within the individual's competence as directed by the Company.
CVs and certificates are required to be sent for this role,
36 std hours a week, Monday to Thursday - 07:30 - 15:45 & Friday 07:30 - 13:30.