£14.72 - £21.50 per annum
27 days ago
We are recruiting for an experienced Mechanical fitter for workshop based work in Plymouth,
Experience in pump overhaul is essential for the role,
Duties to include:
- Undertake installation, repair, maintenance and manufacture of ship equipment.
- Competent to work on mechanical equipment and systems in the marine defence and commercial industry.
- Read drawings, interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
- Carry out surveys and pre-refit examinations of equipment, machinery and structures / fittings.
- Set to work by the use of test equipment.
- Carry out functional testing.
- May be involved in the calibration of instrumentation and gauges (training provided)
- Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of mechanical fitter.
- Cleaning up of own work arisings.
- Slinging duties as required.
- Any other task within the individual's competence as directed by the Company.
CVs and certificates are required to be sent for this role,
36 std hours a week, Monday to Thursday - 07:30 - 15:45 & Friday 07:30 - 13:30.