£19.00 - £22.80 per hour
4 months ago
A Mechanical Technician to join the Structures Team in Stevenage.
Primary responsibilities will be to assemble precision mechanical assemblies using such techniques as drilling riveting and general fitting, other tasks will involve composite bonding of structures and sub assemblies. Role will also involve working on large main assembly jigs and providing hands on support to the Stevenage test facilities.
- Work from work instructions and drawings to produce the required article
- To complete and record information within appendices/routing card/work instruction after the completion of every operation
- Highlight any anomalies and proactively liaise with the Team Leader/Engineering to update instruction to reflect build sequence and data capture requirements
- To work in accordance with LDS (local document system) describing methods and procedures
- Promote Cleanroom regulations, local area health and safety requirements and 5S policy within local work areas
- To regularly demonstrate skills, a specialism or product knowledge/experience that sets the technician apart from their peers and to train and mentor colleagues in this area to ensure the high quality of finished goods
- To demonstrate the desire, commitment and team working ethic to complete task in the correct quality and lead time
- To demonstrate flexibility and mobility to work across different product and or departments as required by the workload
- To work independently in the area of knowledge/expertise to lead and/or oversee activities in order to utilise experience and knowledge
- To be a self starter
- To work directly with engineers, designers and customers as needed
- Liaise with team leader and production support to address manufacturing anomalies and be proactive in 5s disciplines and continuous improvement activities
Minimum of 5 years time served experience of assembly, manufacturing or production working as an individual or as part of a team.
- Experience of the Aerospace Industry
- Applicants from a precision fitting/instrument making/tool making background will also be considered
Education & Training
ONC / NVQ 3 level in Manufacturing or Production discipline or recognised technician level apprenticeship and/or City & Guilds craft qualifications
- Reporting to a Team Leader
- Day-to-day task allocation may come from a Lead Technician/Team Leader
- Interface with shop floor Engineering and Production control support as required. Provide inputs to improvement initiatives.
- Liaise directly with manufacturing engineering/design within area of expertise/knowledge, request supply of replacement parts & test pieces, adhesive mix room