£14.72 - £21.50 per hour
about 1 month ago
Mechanical Fitter (Machinery Maintenance)
5 months contract
36 hours standard
- NVQ level 3, Apprenticeship or equivalent
- Undertake installation, repair, maintenance on workshop equipment and machinery. *
- Competent to work on mechanical equipment and systems in the marine defence and commercial industry.
- Read drawings, interpret work instructions and perform the work to time, cost and quality.
- To be able to carry out surveys and pre-overhaul examinations of equipment, machinery and structures / fittings.
- Set to work by the use of test equipment.
- Carry out functional testing.
- Competent to use general workshop machinery and hand tools related to the role of mechanical fitter.
- Cleaning up of own work arisings.
- Slinging duties as required. Any other task within the individual's competence as directed by the Company.
Location: Devonport Royal Dockyard
All selected applicants will undergo throughout security clearance process