6 months ago
Assembly and test of life support equipment in accordance with procedures, manufacturing instructions, specifications and customer/regulatory requirements, working within an empowered team environment to meet delivery requirements and reporting directly to the Product Lead.
The position of Indentured Skilled Fitter/Tester holds the following responsibilities:-
* OCQ - Operator Control of Quality
* NAO - Normalair Garrett Approved Operator
* To achieve on time delivery by ensuring work is completed on time and to the required standard
* Interpreting engineering drawings, following the process layout and documentation procedures
* Working effectively in a lean environment.
Qualifications: Experience/Education Required:
* Knowledge of Mechanical Assembly/Fitting/Testing.
* High standard of Health & Safety.
* Adherence to Company Processes & Procedures.
* Working in a Customer-focussed environment and achieving targets.
* Strong interpersonal skills across all levels within the organisation.
* The position requires the applicant to have an understanding of Aerospace practice and the significance of the safety critical work undertaken.
* The applicant should be able to display essential skills in the adherence to Health & Safety standards at all times, teamwork, flexibility and the ability to use initiative. They should be able to effectively communicate (written or verbal) and apply interpersonal skills.
* It is essential that the applicant be able to read engineering drawings.
* Any further training requirements will be provided:- PC skills (PDM & SAP), Manual Handling, Oxygen Awareness, 5S, Lean (KanBans, Line Side Stock, etc.) and general Health & Safety. Key Success Factors: (Specific expectations during next 6 - 18 months)
* Cost - Operating effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
* Quality - Ensure all work produced to relevant quality levels identifying all non-conformances, whilst operating within company operating processes and procedures.
* HS & E -Ensure adherence to HS & E standards at all times.
* Development - Undertake all training and development needs.
* Continuous Improvement - Participant with continuous improvement activities.
All successful candidates will need to apply for a Disclosure Scotland Criminal Recorded Check before starting on site and the application reference number provided to the Program Office, the Criminal Record Certificate must be provided to the supplier within 28 days of their start date and forward to the Program Office, failure to do this will see the candidate removed from site. All successful candidates will have to undergo drug screening before they start, and provide a negative result.