7 months ago
Mechanical Fitter, Contract , Winfrith
We are urgently recruiting for a Mechanical Maintenance Fitter to be based in Winfrith on a 12 month contract basis, immediate start.
* Undertake preventative planned maintenance activities as directed and in accordance with facility maintenance instructions.
* Undertake corrective works where identified, including assistance with internal projects as appropriate.
* Respond to breakdowns and work with operations to ensure that maintenance and corrective works are completed safely and in a timely manner.
* Undertake operations as an operator, which will involve operating computer controlled plant, mechanical assembly, keeping accurate records, mechanical and remote handling, and wearing a variety of protective clothing.
* Produce accurate post-maintenance records in a timely manner.
* Assist with ongoing reviews of Facility maintenance documentation.
* Assist with the supervision of contractor activities within the facilities.
* Use of Mainsaver to view and print work orders after appropriate training has been provided
* Use of document search systems for printing PMIs/SFIs for maintenance tasks and also for reviewing training against PMIs/SFIs after appropriate training has been provided
* Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
* Time served mechanical apprenticeship
* Appropriate technical qualifications e.g. City & Guilds, BTEC, NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
* Experience of machine shop practices, pressure systems and general plant maintenance activities.
* Experience of general maintenance ideally within a nuclear environment
* MEWP trained
* Ideally have Fork Lift and Crane Operator experience