Manchester, Greater Manchester, N. W. England, England
Up to £18.48 per hour
Rail Technical Team
6 days ago
Mechanical Fitter (Train Maintainer)
Contract Role - ongoing
Pay - £18.48 per hour on a Ltd or umbrella basis
A leading rail company is seeking a Train Maintainer to join their Manchester team. Relevant mechanical qualification and rail experience are essential, once round or modifications experience would be advantageous.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- To work as a member of a team to service, maintain, repair and overhaul tram stock & equipment
- Work as directed by and in co-operation with the Production Manager and comply with all depot protection procedures
- Understand and abide to safety notices, rules and regulations and follow safe working practices, H & S.A.W. and C.O.S.H.H.
- Adhere to and work within Quality Systems to the current standard
- Work as part of a team, complete or assist in any of the team's activities to ensure work is completed on time to specification
- Routine exam work
- Routine primary fault finding (to level of competency)
- Component exchange
- Stores provision Candidate requirements:
- Time served apprenticeship (or equivalent) with associated technical qualifications (City & Guilds, SVQ, NVQ) or recognized equivalent
- Practical knowledge and experience of mechanical and/or electric engineering
- Experience of working to procedures, work instructions and vehicle maintenance instructions.