£15.00 - £18.00 per hour
Vital Bristol Technology
9 months ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services. They are currently looking for an Mechanical Fitter to start ASAP on a ongoing contract.
To perform all planned and unplanned mechanical engineering activities relating to the running of an efficient contract and supporting the client sites.
- Support the Line Manager in the day to day implementation of policies, procedures and standards necessary to maintain the integrity of ongoing operational activities and provice high quality services to customers.
- Ensure all Planned Preventative and Reactive Maintenance is completed to schedule ensuring that appropriate documentation is completed and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Perform rectification of defects, ensuring all safety and performance standards are met in accordance with the contract.
- Carry out routine maintenance work associated with all mechanical systems.
- Supervise specialist contractors and ensure all certifications / documentation is completed in accordance with the client and requirements.
- Liaise with and respond to the Helpdesk ensuring urgent maintenance tasks are responded to within appropriate timescales.
- Ensure that good housekeeping and working practices are employed and ensure that you represent in a professional manner at all times.
- This position requires ONC / OND, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in the relevant job specific discipline
- Proven experience within a building services environment
- Knowledge of PSSR 2000 / Confined Space, Legionella and Permit to work systems.
- Articulate, numerate and IT literate
- Understanding of legislative compliance and contract law preferred
- Good all round knowledge of facilities management and building services engineering.
- The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
- Must be able to demonstrate a successful track record in the field of assurance / health and safety .
- Have good decision making and communication skills.
- Be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance, currently at DV level.
- Motivates self starter
- Willingness to train, update and improve themselves for the benefit of the contract
- Ability to think and react to immediate problems and issues without losing sight of or compromising long term goals
- High standard of personal integrity and professionalism with the adaptability to change
- Ability to lead and act with authority when required
- Proactive approach
- The ability to make decisions and solve problems
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.