Manchester, Greater Manchester
£18.03 - £20.47 per hour
Rail Technical Team
2 months ago
Purpose of the job
To work as a member of a team to service, maintain, repair and overhaul fleet locomotives, coaching stock and equipment, including the latest generation in train technology to laid down specifications.
As part of a team, to ensure that the fleet is serviced and maintained in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner whilst constantly seeking to improve quality.
Main duties and responsibilities will include
* Work as directed by and in co-operation with the Production Manager and Production Leader, and will comply with:
* All depot protection procedures
* Understand and abide to safety notices, rules and regulations and follow safe working practices, H & S.A.W. and C.O.S.H.H.
* Will adhere to and work within Quality Systems to the current standard.
* Work as part of a team, complete or assist in any of the teams activities to ensure work is completed on time to specification.
* Routine exam work
* Routine primary fault finding (to level of competency)
* Component exchange
* When trained able to carry out coach repairing tasks, plumbing, electrical/mechanical tasks, welding/burning/brazing.
* Will be capable of accepting training in other skills, e.g. forklift truck
* Will carry out other duties, e.g. road vehicle driving (if certified), attend call-outs and breakdowns if required and trained competent.
* Will carry out final work and process inspections as required.
* Will carry out Team Member duties as required if assessed competent.
* Will use IT systems that are work related.
* With other team members, will maintain good housekeeping systems of work areas.
* The role will require the job holder to work on a shift roster that will include weekend and night shifts
* To comply with and undertake all relevant Environment, Health & Safety measures and activities
* Technical skills in fault finding, work to technical instructions
* Written and communication skills
* Team worker
* Problem resolution
* Work under own initiative
* IT literate
* Apprenticeship or equivalent with associated technical qualifications (City & Guilds, SVQ, NVQ Level 3) or recognised equivalent