£14.74 - £17.07 per hour
2 months ago
Our client, the Culham Centre for Fusion Energy (CCFE) in Oxfordshire is the UK's national laboratory for fusion research. With a strong focus upon cutting edge science and technology CCFE is one of the country's most prestigious research hubs. Now have an immediate long term contract requirement for a MECHANICAL FITTER to work within a building services department, have knowledge, and be capable of carrying out a variety of maintenance, repair jobs as well as new installations.
Be an experienced installer in one of the following areas:
* LTHW services
* Chilled Water Services
* Ventilation ductwork
* Compressed air systems
Have a good working knowledge of all the above listed building services.
1. In accordance with issued construction drawings and specifications carry out installation of:
* LTHW 65mm diameter (Screwed, Compression, Crimp, Solder).
* Chilled Water diameter (Screwed, Compression, Crimp, Solder).
* Ductwork to DW144
* Compressed air and other gases to BCGA
2. Good working knowledge of installing building services plant such as Air Handling Units, Pumps etc.
3. Able to read building services technical drawings and specification.
4. Attention to detail and right first-time work ethics.
5. An understand of the requirements for commissioning.
6. An understanding of how field controls are installed within the above listed building services.
7. Survey of existing services and recording findings.
8. Scheduling of materials for the purpose of procuring.
9. Good knowledge and understanding of construction health and safety.