4 months ago
Mechanical Fitter, Contract, Newbury, Nuclear
- Report to the Cavendish Nuclear Site Manager /Site Supervisor/Engineer for all matters relating to quality and safety.
- Undertake all work as instructed by the Site Manager/Site Supervisor to the requirements of the task documentation (i.e. Method Statement; Construction Plan; Risk Assessments etc.), with due care to minimise the potential for inadvertent disturbance to site plant or equipment.
- Comply in addition to the above-mentioned documents, with all other relevant safety instructions as identified through the Site Manager/Site Supervisor.
- Perform work whilst avoiding danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their acts or omissions
- Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the Site Supervisor/Engineer before proceeding further.
- Refrain from defeating or interfere with, anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc.) or environmental protection.
- Use plant and equipment correctly, and in accordance with training and instruction provided.
- 'Build only to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the design intent.
- Attend weekly Toolbox Talks on matters of safety and Company policy.
- Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
- Participate in the Pre & Post Job De-Briefs.
- Participate in the "Being Cavendish" programme adopting the expected professional standards and behaviours within the workplace.
- Recognised Training Scheme or Apprenticeship (CITB/Company Training Scheme).
- Site Installation/Maintenance experience (preferred) in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation.
- Aware of Nuclear Class 1 Installation Requirements and Standards.
Mandatory Additional Requirements
- Hold relevant CSCS card for their trades/skills.
- Be prepared to have Compulsory and Random Drugs & Alcohol Testing.
- Hold valid licences, tickets, authorisations for the roles they have been appointed to.
- Have carried out Manual Handling training.
- Are fully conversant with the Health and Safety at work act 1974.
- Have experience working on a building/Construction environment.
- Are fit and healthy to undertake Physical/Manual labour.
- Provide evidence of all qualifications (which must be in date) for the SQEP file.