3 months ago
Morson International are currently working with a key client in the Nuclear Sector who have a current requirement for two (2) Mechanical Engineers. These contract positions with an initial six month duration will be based at our client's offices at Aztec West. Excellent hourly rates on offer to suitably qualified candidates.
Brief Job Description
Successful applicants will:
- Provide cost/timescale information and progress reporting to Project Lead.
Provide design solutions for the nuclear industry through production of:
- Design Schemes
- Design Proposal Drawings
- Detail Drawings
- General Assemblies
- Functional Specifications/ Functional Requirements Documents
- Technical Reports and Studies
- Design Justification Reports
- Identify or respond to task variations through formal change control.
- Take responsibility for delivery of work packages to programme, budget and required quality.
- Have working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by legislation (and applicable Directives).
- Present at Designers Risk Assessments / Design Reviews and ideally at HAZOP studies.
- Ideally have a working knowledge of Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Have a basic knowledge of fabrication techniques.
- Have a basic knowledge of achievable manufacturing accuracy,
- Ideally have some 'hands on' experience.
- Basic knowledge of geometric tolerancing, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
- Working knowledge of commonly used materials and standards.
- Degree qualified or equivalent preferred, HND/HNC as a minimum.
- Ideally have design experience and experience of producing mechanical design deliverable for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, Lifting equipment etc.
- Able to travel and work at customer's sites and locations.