South East London, London
£35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Mechanical Engineer Surveyor / Inspection Engineer
Home based covering Bromley area
Salary £35000 - 43000 + £3 - 6k London allowance + car + pension (15 - 20% of salary per year) + private health care + benefits + day time flexible hours + structured training programme
Hours Monday - Friday - Day time flexible (40) hours that you plan and organise.
Must have hands on experience on:
* Lifting & handling equipment & machinery, materials handling, mechanical handling, overhead cranes, etc. (essential)
* HNC / HND (Level 4+) in Engineering discipline Or I Eng or NVQ Level 4 or Eng Tech or LCGI / Licentiateship
* Boilers & pressure systems - air, water, steam systems, compressors, air receivers and refrigeration plant. (desirable / nice to have)
* Ex Forces background can sometimes be ideal but not essential - Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers (REME), RAF, Army, Navy, Marine Engineer.
* Homebased, carry out service surveys and inspections on a wide range of industrial, commercial and manufacturing plant and machinery.
* Ensure equipment is safe and fit for use & complies with legislation (LOLER, PUWER, PSSR, COSHH etc) .
* Write reports.
* You will be assigned work / companies to visit in your LOCAL area - manage your own diary. (Flexible hours)
* 40 hours per week - including commuting / travel time & reporting
Follow the relevant links to apply or connect with me on Linkedin, Charlie Moore @ Morson.
Lifting Equipment and Machinery and mechanical handling plant can include some or any of the following Cranes overhead cranes gantry crane, pendant materials handling equipment & machinery scissor lifts lifting gear lifting equipment hydraulics fork lift trucks cherry pickers winches davits telehandlers shackles hoists wire ropes JCBs excavators Lifts Elevators etc.
Key words - "materials handling" cranes "maintenance engineer" "workshop engineer" "field service engineer" overhead cranes gantry crane scissor lifts lifting gear lifting equipment hydraulics jib lifting tackle Mechanical "mechanical engineering" "Plant Engineering" "Marine Engineering" Maintenance LEV "Local Exhaust Ventilation" Power Press Manufacturing "mechanical engineer surveyor" "engineer surveyor" "crane surveyor" "lift surveyor" "service engineer" maintenance loler puwer pssr coshh maintenance engineer maintenance technician repair foundation degree fault finding. "Higher National Certificate" (HNC) Higher National Diploma (HND) Mechanical Engineering heavy engineering vehicle heavy plant mobile plant Plant Engineering winches davits Marine Engineering Chief Petty Officer petty officer warrant officer hydraulics LCGI Licentiateship refrigeration plant paper mill brewery bottling petrochemical chemical chemical plant gas storage fuel storage Army, REME Navy RAF royal air force royal navy recycling plant foundry chemical plant brewery effluent plants process areas steam boilers filtration extraction machinery recycling plant.
Maintenance Engineer required with experience of lifting & handling equipment & machinery, overhead cranes, mechanical assets. Very stable company, 40 hours per week. Manage your own diary. Local work only.