£38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + benefits
0161 707 1516
22 days ago
Our client are a leading nuclear supply chain organisation. They are looking for a Mehcanical Engineer with nuclear experience to be a part of their nuclear team in the Whitehaven area of West Cumbria.
Candidates should have prior nuclear experience and be competent using Autodesk Inventor and Autocad design packages. A current basic or SC clearance is also ideal.
About the role
* Provide cost/timescale information and progress reporting.
* Provide design solutions for the nuclear industry and coordinate the production of:
* Design Schemes
* Design Proposal Drawings
* Detail Drawings
* General Assemblies
* Functional Specifications/ Functional Requirements Documents
* Technical Reports and Studies
* Design Justification Reports
* Identify or respond to task variations through formal change control.
* Take responsibility for delivery of single-discipline work package to programme, budget and required quality.
What do I need to do the role?
* Able to manage a small team of Designers and undertake checking of Mechanical deliverables.
* Have working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by legislation (and applicable Directives).
* Has taken part in Designers Risk Assessments / Design Reviews and ideally in HAZOP studies.
* Understands the requirements of CE marking.
* Preferably, AutoCAD proficient in both Model Space and Paper Space and Ideally will have Inventor experience.
* Has good knowledge of fabrication techniques.
* Has good knowledge/understanding of achievable manufacturing accuracy.
* Ideally, will have some hands on experience.
* Good working knowledge of geometric tolerancing, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
* Good working knowledge of commonly used materials and associated standards.
* HNC Minimum (Or equivalent) and must have some nuclear experience.
* Has recent experience of producing mechanical design deliverables for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, Lifting Equipment etc.
Interested? Please send your CV to Ben Pascall on or call 0161 707 1516