Up to £33.00 per hour
5 days ago
The role holder will require knowledge of HVAC and Naval Ship design experience in order to fulfil this role which will involve: Ensuring that HVAC calculation requirements are available, clearly understood and appropriately embodied in the HVAC calculations;
- Providing guidance, to the HVAC team, on HVAC calculation methodology for heat loss, noise and pressure loss calculations;
- Ensuring consistency of approach in HVAC calculation methods;
- Carrying out quality assurance checks on HVAC calculations;
- Ensuring that the calculation method and approach satisfy the requirements of the Approval Authority and the Regulatory Authority as required to achieve system approval;
- Act as the main point of contact within the HVAC team for technical guidance and clarification on HVAC calculations and embodiment of philosophy within the set of calculations;
- Delivery of system calculations, schematics and bill of materials for assigned systems;
- Reporting progress against assigned scopes of work;
- Providing design input to multiple stakeholders including, but not limited to, supply chain, other engineering teams and the Approval authority;
- Ensure that the physical integration of the assigned systems retain the engineering design intent;
- Create Technical Specifications for HVAC equipment;
- Performing technical tender assessment and working alongside the HVAC supplier to deliver a compliant solution;
- Carrying out technical investigations, including technical research, and assess and provide recommendations regarding short and long term consequences;
- Compartment ownership, and the delivery of compartment ownership responsibilities, may be assigned.
- The role is required to be experienced in the design of HVAC systems, and able to conduct design calculations to determine system performance and equipment sizing characteristics. The role will routinely assist with the specification and selection of HVAC equipment and associated fittings as defined throughout the HVAC system design process. The role will be expected to liaise closely with other engineering disciplines to develop deliverables and interfaces to meet the project schedule requirements and maturity
Tasks and Activities:
- Participate fully in developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need.
- Carry out relatively complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability.
- Prepare specifications, develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
- Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
- Act as the main point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters, to resolve relatively complex problems and issues and to maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives.
- Support the identification of business opportunities and the preparation of bids in area(s) of expertise to facilitate the development of the highest quality bids.
This role will be expected to employ company computer aided design tools to conduct and manage the engineering, which includes but is not limited to following:
- HEVACOMP - HVAC duct sizing, noise and pressure loss calculations;
- WINDCHILL - Engineering Data Management;
- AUTOCAD - 2 dimensional sketches;
- Microsoft OFFICE - document creation for reports, spreadsheets and presentations;
- FORAN - for reviewing the 3 D model;
- Enterprise Change Request (ECR) ToolsThe role holder will support the management of technical risk of marine and mechanical systems and will be experienced in the identification, assessment, categorisation and mitigation of risk.
This role will lead the mechanical system designs for delegated systems to create designs that are fit for purpose and safe to use. The role holder will be well versed in the methodical identification, categorisation and mitigation of hazards to personnel and to the environment.
Physical Integration Of Mechanical Systems
The role will be responsible for ensuring that physical integration of delegated mechanical systems is completed satisfactorily and without compromise to the design intent.The role holder will manage the compartment ownership of his/ her delegated mechanical spaces.
The role will lead technical support to supply chain and those charged with sub contract management. The role will liaise with the supplier technical authorities and oversee review of hard and soft supplier deliverables to ensure compliance with the specification, employing Company Quality teams as required. The role will authorise release of subcontractor deliverables for use by the rest of the project.
- System calculations, diagrams and drawings supporting Design and assessment tasks, specific to own discipline.
- Design and Assessment Studies
- Technical Reports and Specifications
- Presentation material
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.