13 days ago
Mechanical Engineer, Contract, Aldermaston (SC Cleared)
The role exists in order to develop and implement site mechanical arrangements across all aspects of site activities (e.g. Installation, Commissioning, Operations) in support of the overall project lifecycle.
The Mechanical Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that activities (e.g. audits) are undertaken to supervise mechanical installation/maintenance activities for the MENSA project, establish the implementation status of the above arrangements and the reporting of such information.
The Site Mechanical engineer will also undertake specific activities on behalf of the Mechanical function as required.
* Principle role will be to ensure completion and client sign off of Inspection and Test Plans and associated quality documentation.
* Coordination of hold point activity witnessing
* Management and issue of relevant installation drawings
* To ensure that during construction activities, the regulatory and statutory requirements upon Cavendish Nuclear and the Client are complied with and to ensure the design and safety intent is met in construction. An Engineer shall ensure all engineering planning safe systems of work are in place to undertake packages of work.
The Sign Off Engineer will
* Assist the Site Manager and PM with works planning.
* Review of designs to plan installation works.
* Carry out Risk Assessments.
* Write method statements and quality plans.
* Manage the approval of work packages.
* Brief working parties (inc. Subcontractors).
* Ensure and drive progress, quality and safety during works.
* Manage inspections during works.
* Close out work packages.
* Any other task/duties, commensurate with the Role Holder's competency, as directed by the Line Manager.