Up to £14.40 per hour
Vital Bristol Technology
3 months ago
They are currently recruiting for a mechanical engineer in Liverpool, starting 29th July for 3 months.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the preventative and reactive maintenance of the primary heating systems at the Liverpool CEF Hospital sites. This is an important role within the workflow process; the person will be actively involved in developing detailed knowledge, ensuring compliance, and the maintenance of the core plant and equipment on the Liverpool Hospital Estates.
* To understand the working of mechanical heating systems.
* Diagnose and repair faults of the system and its component plant and equipment.
* To deal with new situations as they arise and pass on knowledge to others.
* To inform the immediate Supervisor of any delays or difficulties encountered.
* To be familiar with working in engineering areas and environments - taking all safety measures to prevent danger, damage and avoid injury.
* Knowledge of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and the correct use of the same.
* To be available, within reason, to work at short notice, out of normal hours, in emergency situations.
* To be aware of the sensitive surroundings of a Live Acute Hospital and the patrons of the same.
* To be aware of the criticality of the heating system and the requirement to maintain full operation at all times.
* To be knowledgeable in the control of legionella in water systems (HSE Books L8) and statutory Water Regulations
* City & Guilds (or equivalent) Mechanical qualifications.
* Indentured apprenticeship or equivalent training.
* Understanding of mechanical and electrical aspects of plant, systems and equipment.
* CHP experience would be advantageous.
* Experience of work with up LTHW/MTHW to 4-megawatt boilers.
* Ability to use hand tools, associated trade tools, equipment and machinery for maintenance, repair and minor improvement/new work to the required standard.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Good understanding of Health and Safety(IOSH or NEBOSH preferred)
DBS - standard: can start before checks (shadowed to cover) - DBS paid by ENGIE if taken on perm
Free staff parking onsite
Uniform and tools provided - including PPE
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.