2 months ago
Job Title: Technical Professional - Mechanical (Intermediate)
Location: Leatherhead - Surrey
Competitive Salary and rewarding Benefits.
Working within a multi-disciplined engineering team that supports Government Solutions EMEA. Providing mechanical engineering for a range of equipment and support projects such as the Joint Operational Fuel System contract with UK MOD to meet their requirements on deployed operations and exercises, as well as projects and bids for other UK Government Departments, Foreign Governments and commercial organisations.
ROLE: Intermediate Engineer - MECHANICAL Grade 30
SECURITY : Candidates must have 5 years up to date and unbroken residency in the UK and will be subject to passing the Security vetting process before starting work.
* Under supervision of the Lead Mechanical Engineer, provide engineering support to the GS projects that have an engineering content.
* As tasked, devise initial concepts, develop detailed design, design integration and validate / review mechanical systems.
* As required produce detailed specifications and scopes of work and review / report on supplier's submissions.
* Liaise directly with suppliers and prepare purchase and service requisitions.
* Perform inspections on new equipment and conditioning reports on recovered deployed equipment.
* As requested, plan, participate in and report on equipment / system integration trials.
* Be prepared to adapt engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to meet unusual client requirements.
* Participate in preparing cost estimates and project schedules.
* Provide technical guidance and support to other elements of the organization, including Procurement, Project Management and Maintenance teams and clients as required.
* Provide general mechanical engineering support to the GS Design & Technical Team as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
* Skills typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering and three to five years industry experience.
* Experience in the design and manufacture of mechanical equipment / systems.
* Practical, hands-on experience, with good problem-solving capabilities.
* Application of the standards and legislation that influences the design of equipment e.g. ATEX directive
* Ability to prepare detailed technical reports and presentations for internal and external purposes.
* Experience of preparing risk assessments and method statements.
* Able to work independently using their initiative.
* Competence in the use of MS Office, AutoCAD.
* Experience of aviation fuel ground support equipment in either civil or military environments would be advantageous.
* Experienced with the requirements of Integrated Logistics Support for the supply of new equipment, such as reliability & maintainability cases, technical publications and training media.
* Experience with the production of equipment and system safety and environmental cases.
* It would be beneficial to have knowledge on 3D design software packages such as PDMS and engineering calculation packages such as Hevacomp and Cymap.
* The role may require overseas travel to support projects as required.