£220.00 - £275.00 per day + £75 T&S per diem
about 1 month ago
Morson International has a 12 month contract opportunity for a MECHANICAL ENGINEER. The service will be provided at our Clients Site, Dounreay.
The day rate is £220 to £275/LTD (Negotiable/DOE). Applicants with a main residence outwith a daily commutable distance from Dounreay will receive a T&S allowance of £75 per diem. Flexibility is offered on a Monday & Friday for travelling with the additional options of a compressed working week or a negotiable working cycle
* HNC in Engineering or equivalent qualifications plus experience
* At least 5 years Engineering and Industrial experience
ROLE - You will manage and deliver project activities and act as a Mechanical Engineer for selected systems and equipment, delivering mechanical engineering work that will include specification, calculation, analysis, design, verification and/or assessment. In addition may act as Commissioning Engineer as required by the Project Teams.
TASKS will include but not limited to:
* Control, develop and monitor plans and procedures.
* Develop appropriate solutions for operational problems.
* Write Technical Specifications.
* Engineering substantiation
* Apply health, safety, environmental and waste management processes with engineering activities taking advice where necessary from appropriate specialists.
* Contract support
* Monitor implementation of plans and procedures to ensure compliance with project schedules, safety procedures and legislation.
* Liaise effectively with regulators and stakeholders on specific projects.
* Develop requirement specifications, technical specification and other design related documentation for major projects.
* Develop and review discipline specific engineering drawings
* Carrying out system and equipment commissioning in line with commissioning and test documentation.
Desirable attributes & skills:
* Good attention to detail commensurate with safety-critical design
* Good PC skills including use of MS Office tools in a networked environment
* Experience of producing scheme/concept designs for EPC projects
* Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
* Good organisational and planning skills.
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
* The ability to communicate effectively with staff/contractors at all levels is essential.
* Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
* Self-motivated and assertive
* Ability to apply engineering processes to achieve engineering solutions