Up to £16.35 per hour
Vital Bristol Technology
about 1 year ago
Our client are a multinational electric utility company, which operates in the fields of electricity generation and distribution, natural gas, nuclear and renewable energy.
They are currently recruiting for a Shift Mechanical engineer to join their team. Starting the 1st may for 2 months.
The successful candidate will be based at the Stevenage site and will form part of a large on site maintenance and engineering team. You will be required to work a Mon - Fri working pattern. This role will also include a required amount of weekend working and to be on a 24/7 call out rota. Candidates must live within 25 minute travel time to site to attend call outs.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out planned maintenance tasks in line with skill set and the PPM Schedule. There will also be a responsibility to attend reactive calls in line with contract SLAs.
* Able to prioritise tasks from PPM's and Helpdesk Requests, reacting to breakdowns and changing priorities.
* Flexible worker with positive attitude and willing to work as part of a large on site team.
* Safe system and work control system closeout
* Ability to stay calm during major incidents and relay accurate information to the site supervisor.
* Ability to work under pressure and multi task
* Must be able to work On Call as part of team standby rota.
* Delivering all PPM tasks in line with PPM schedule
* Carrying out reactive helpdesk jobs within contractual SLAs
* Supervision/escorting of subcontractors
* Requisitioning of spares and materials
* Planning including prioritisation of tasks from PPM's and Helpdesk Requests
* Sourcing and preparing quotations.
* Completion of permit to work documents for subcontractors
* Completion of AP process within your qualified trade
* Chasing progress updates on spares and other procured materials and equipment
* Quality control and quality assurance monitoring
* Form part of a full TFM account delivery and adopt a one team working approach with all other service streams
* Any other ad hoc task that are deemed necessary for the service delivery of the account
* Security clearance will be required - DBS and SC is mandatory to work on the site due to the nature of the Airbus operations.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
* A Time Served Mechanical Maintenance engineer with NVQ/C&G formal qualifications
* Knowledge of Trend/Cylon BMS systems
* Legionella Awareness on hot and cold water systems - preferable
* Experience within the cleanroom/pharmaceutical environment is preferable
* Computer Literate (MS Word, Excel …)
* Experience of working on HVAC Systems
* Knowledge and experience of working on steam systems
* Knowledge and experience of working on Sprinkler systems - advantageous
* Hold valid IPAF or PASMA Certification/Licence - advantageous
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.