£28000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + benefits
13 days ago
Our client are a major player in the nuclear sector, from inception of concept through to full development of a finished design and solution, the expertise they provide and deliver is the key to meeting the challenges of innovative and ever evolving nuclear technology.
Due to growth of projects, they are now looking to recruit a number of positions, including a Mechanical Designer, with experience in 3D design in Autocad. Ideally, the suitable candidate will also have knowledge and experience using Inventor.
What you'll be doing on the role
Provision of fit for purpose and cost effective designs in accordance with British and Sellafield standards, to timescale and budget, ensuring minimum rework following checking.
Responsible for the production of:
* Design Schemes
* Design Proposal Drawings
* Detail Manufacturing Drawings
* General Assemblies
* Mechanical Handling Drawings
* Mechanical Sequence Drawings
* Mechanical Flow Drawings
* HNC qualified as a minimum
* Shall have significant experience of producing mechanical designs AutoCAD and (Ideally) Inventor. In addition, experience within a Vault environment beneficial.
* Shall have experience of producing mechanical design deliverables for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, and Lifting Equipment used in the nuclear industry.
* Has good knowledge of fabrication techniques.
* Has good knowledge/understanding of achievable manufacturing accuracy.
* Ideally, will have some hands on experience.
* Good working knowledge of geometric tolerancing, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
* Good working knowledge of commonly used materials and associated standards.
What are the benefits of this company/role?
You will be joining an industry leading, cutting edge business who work on high value, long term projects. They provide best in class training and development opportunities and career advancement. No two projects are the same and present unique engineering challenges.
What else do I need to know?
All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
Interested? Please send your CV or call 0161 707 1516