£29.00 - £33.00 per hour
12 days ago
Our Client has an immediate requirement for Mechanical Designers to join a team responsible for the creation of drawings, technical documentation and other design deliverables to specified standards.
Specifically, this role requires a good understanding of Mechanical and Marine systems applicable to Naval Ships and the associated engineering and design and installation standards. The individual must be able to demonstrate competent CAD & MS Office software skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
KEY RESULT AREAS
* Interpreting mechanical and marine system information from technical specifications
defence standards and installation drawings
* Competent in modifying and updating mechanical system drawings and associated
technical information utilising CAD systems and documentation software
* Identify impact of change within marine systems associated with other interfaced
* Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management
* Be aware of and ensure that safety, health and environmental requirements are
* Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* The post holder is required to hold an NC/HNC or an equivalent engineering
academic qualification in Mechanical/Piping/Marine Systems discipline subject
* Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience
* Utilise Autodesk AutoCAD % MS Office software
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.