Oldham, Greater Manchester
8 months ago
Mechanical Design Engineer
£30,000 - £35,000
My client is looking for a mechanical design engineer. As a mechanical design engineer, you will be working with a successful sheet metal fabricating manufacture based in Oldham. The Company operates from modern 40,000 sq ft manufacturing site complete with the very best modern sheet metal machinery. Due to recent growth - and an additional forecasted growth of 30% over the next 2 years - the Company now requires an experienced Design Engineer to join their busy and diverse team. The role holder will be responsible for the design, drawing and development of new products as well as maintenance of existing products. They will contribute to the Company's success by assisting the Managing Director in matters relating to product development, value engineering and real time solving of production problems. Furthermore, they will be proactive and efficient whilst keeping a close eye on costs.
Duties will include:
- Carrying out the design process and development for both new and existing products
- To supervise and oversee the designs through the factory, ensuring accuracy and quality
- To be responsible for preparing bills of materials for the manufacture of the designs and assemblies, including documenting of all part numbers and drawing references
- To liaise with shop floor supervisors to point out potential quality issues through production
- To create reports for potential pitfalls within the production process
- Interpreting customer ideas and preparing drawings and 3D models for manufacture, including all dimensions, tolerances, finishes and notes
- Assisting Senior Management with matters relating to product development
- To identify opportunities to reduce costs in the design, materials used and manufacturing techniques
- To provide feedback for continuous improvement of products and services
What are we looking for?
As this is a specialised design role, it is ideally suited for an experienced CAD Design Engineer from a sheet metal background. Furthermore, it is required that the ideal candidate is fully conversant with Solidworks, specifically the sheet metal module and has proven experience of using this within a sheet metal environment. The chosen candidate must be able to practice good interpersonal skills to successfully liaise with shop floor supervisors.
Qualifications / Requirements
- HNC or HND in engineering or Engineering Degree (Mechanical, Automotive, Electrical, or similar).
- Minimum 3 years' experience in engineering environment
If you are looking for work, please can you pop me a call back on 0161 707 1516,