North West England, England
Up to £30.00 per hour + Negotiable
Sam Mabbott B.Soc Sci
13 days ago
6 Months +
Our client is looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer, using Inventor, to work in their offices in Newton Heath on an initial 6 Month Contract Role.
Main Function of the Role: To work in the Oil and Gas department in Manchester producing fixed firefighting design solutions including Deluge, Foam and Gaseous systems.
Working from client specifications in accordance with oil and gas standards, rules and regulations. The role would involve producing general arrangement drawings, P&ID's, assembly drawings, fabrication drawings, equipment data sheets, piping isometrics, hydraulic calculations and node diagrams, all using both 3D and 2D cad software.
Although initially 6 Months in duration our client does expect this work to be significantly extended beyond this period for the successful candidate.
Experience in the following areas preferred but not essential:
* Good working knowledge of fire protection systems
* Good working knowledge of skid design and fabrication
* Good working knowledge of fire protection standards and regulations
* Good communication skills
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
* AutoCAD Mechanical
* Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
* ONC Mechanical Engineering * Experience in mechanical design workings
Key Behavioural Criteria:
* Good time keeping * Reliable * Good communication skills