17 days ago
Mechanical Design Engineer (Electric Motors)
Morson International are currently working in conjunction with a Specialist Electrical & Electronics Engineering Company and require an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join them at their Rugeley site on an initial 6-month contract basis. Working on the design of Electric Motors for various civil & military applications, this role would ideally suit someone with extensive prior experience developing electrical & mechanical systems for Aerospace or Defence projects.
Full details below:
Pay Rate: Negotiable (Please get in touch to discuss)
Duration: 6 Month Contract (Possibility of extension)
Location: Rugeley, Staffordshire
Working with specialists from other engineering disciplines, you will provide mechanical design expertise in support of various business opportunities. This will include feasibility studies, technology developments, concept designs for new products and bids and proposals.
* Generation of concept design proposals and feasibility studies to support product development programmes.
* Carrying out elements of the product design.
* Contribute to the development of engineering excellence within the business.
* Provide the engineering department with mechanical engineering expertise in support of future business opportunities.
* A Degree or higher in mechanical engineering.
* Broad knowledge of all aspects of engineering (e.g. systems, electrical, electro-mechanical, Rotating Machinery).
* Experience in manufacturing methods applicable to Electric Motors metal fabrications, castings, welding, machining, corrosion protection.
* Proficient in the use of 3D CAD. Proficiency with Solidworks is essential.
- You will be required to undertake & pass a Solidworks Test at interview
* Good knowledge of materials.
* Good knowledge of best practice design life-cycle process
- Gated design phases, design reviews etc.
* Good in front of customers willing and able to make presentations.
Please note that you must have experience in the design of Electric Motors or other (comparable) Rotating Machinery to be considered for this role.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: We seek a Mechanical Design Engineer who has ideally worked in a Defence or Aerospace environment in the UK within the last 12 months, or who is capable of obtaining UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.