£0.00 - £24.50 per annum
about 1 year ago
A vacancy has arisen for a TDP Mechanical Designer to work within the weapons design team on projects through all stages, from design and development through to final manufacture and implementation.
As a TDP Lead Designer Mechanical, you will be producing mechanical engineering solutions, in the form of drawings, models and other technical outputs, to satisfy the technical requirements of a contract in accordance with prescribed working standards and practices.
Your main responsibilities as a Mechanical Designer will involve:
* Preparing drawings, and other technical outputs, consistent with the contractual requirements to meet target dates and budget demands.
* Operating the appropriate CAD and PDM Tools (PTC Creo and Teamcenter)
* Performing self-verification of own tasks to ensure completeness and quality of information.
* Performing any related tasks for which the Supervisor perceives that he/she has the necessary skills and/or competences.
* Within a team, undertaking design tasks associated with the developments of specific systems and equipment.
Your skills and qualifications:
* HNC or equivalent experience in mechanical engineering
* Time served Mechanical Draughtsperson/TDP Designer
* Experience in CAD (PTC Creo) - essential
* Experience in Configuration Management (e.g. Teamcenter) - desirable
* Knowledge of drawing standards and the application of geometric tolerances - essential
* Health and Safety awareness
* Experience on working with MOD projects - desirable