5 months ago
Contract Mechanical Design Engineer
Contract - £27 - £30 per hour
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Design Engineer on a contract basis with key client of mine based in Liverpool. My client design special purpose machinery for the FMCG and food sector.
They are seeking a Contract Mechanical Design Engineer, proficient with either Solidworks or Inventor, who has a solid Engineering background & manufacturing knowledge.
Mechanical Design Engineering Duties
- Design and coordination of special purpose machinery
- Design Automation equipment
- Detailed design of concept mechanical drawings from initial concept stage though to production
- Manage the modification of existing equipment
- Developing and re-developing of new products
- Evaluate and understands project requirements to plan execution of components design, select system components and prepare design specification
- Liaise with customers
- Prepare design calculations, specifications and documentation
- Create CAD models in SolidWorks and co-ordinate the design with other parties.
- Attend design meetings / reviews and communicate your design intent
- Convert 3D models into General Arrangement and Detail drawings for manufacture in accordance with CAD standards.
- Provide input and advice to the installation team during the installation of the project on-site including the preparation of layout drawings and handover documentation
Qualifications / Requirements
- HND / Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years working experience in Inventor or Solidworks
- Knowledge of machinery design
- Design of automation systems
If you are interested in the position please contact me on / 0161 707 1516/