£30.00 - £35.00 per annum
4 months ago
* Carry out Mechanical Design and proving activities for harsh aerospace environments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
* Support/liaise with manufacturing, resolving manufacturing problems & defects.
* Support to functional & environmental trials.
* Liaise with suppliers/purchasing to resolve any technical queries that may arise.
* Planning and reporting on own day-to-day activities to meet project milestones.
* Gain clarification of and help to generate requirements.
* Challenge extraneous requirements accordingly to reduce UPC and design complexity.
Skills and Knowledge:
* Experience of Creo 3D design tool an advantage.
* Knowledge of several of the following:
* Manufacturing processes,
* Tolerance studies,
* Environmental test,
* Mass property calculations,
* Material selection,
* Design for Manufacture/Assembly,
* Environmental Gasket Sealing,
* Thermal management design,
* Tooling/fixtures design,
* Structural design,
* Defence Standards,
* Review processes,
* Product Lifecycles,
* Industrial validation,
* Design of PCB enclosures,
* An ability to work as part of an engineering team and be able to partake in or host design reviews.
* An appreciation of other engineering areas/domains. Start Time:
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm