£35 - £45 per hour
Dias De Sousa
about 2 years ago
My client is a leading M&E consultancy who are looking to add a Mechanical Design Engineer to their team for a long term contract or a permanent position.
Summary of role:
- Manage own engineering projects on a day-to-day basis to ensure the projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Responsible for the detailed design and coordination of mechanical solutions including Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Gas, Utilities, Compressed Air and Plant Layouts.
Client/Sub-Contractor & Site Management
- Represent company and promote 'can do' attitude.
- Assist in problem solving process.
- Communicate with clients, advising on suitable technical solutions to client's requirements with assistance and support from the Senior Engineers.
- Interpret project requirements from drawings and brief.
- Undertake site visits i.e. surveys and prepare reports.
- Liaise with Architects, Structural Engineers, and Contractors etc.
- Attend design team meetings and project meetings on behalf of company with Senior Engineers and respond to any changes in a timely fashion.
- Monitor design progress in accordance with the programme/deadline.
- Shadow more senior engineers to enhance your knowledge and technical ability
- Share your knowledge and technical ability and advise accordingly to help progress the less experienced team members.
- Demonstrate an interest in financial matters, costing of jobs and time versus project.
- Attend CPD sessions to broaden your ability.
- Assist with preparation of reports, specifications, equipment schedule and drawings
- Assist with preparation of stage reports and outline designs.
- Assist and produce CAD drawings - fully ensuring these comply with company standards.
- Assist with the production of scheme design drawings for CAD.
- Produce design calculations, analysis manually and with the aid of software packages.
- Produce design sketches.
- Adopt a flexible attitude to projects and design.
Look forward to your application!