Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £30.00 per hour
8 months ago
SCOPE: The Design Engineer is responsible for undertaking of mechanical design activities against the assigned projects, in an efficient and effective manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Design Manager and the Design functions as required.
- Undertake design work against designated projects in an efficient and effective manner.
- Undertake work in accordance with the design office procedures.
- Undertake work in accordance with the design and engineering standards.
- Maintain design data within the Business computer design systems.
- Prepare designs for authorisation and approval in accordance with design procedure.
- Adhere to engineering change procedures and processes.
- Undertake design calculations where required.
- Assist delivery of the design within the defined project schedule and cost budgets.
- Conduct design activities with due cognisance of manufacture and operation of products
- Ensure technical files are maintained throughout the life of the design process.
- Identify and manage the production of all design documentation eg,
Drawings CE documentation
Calculations Reliability Data
Bill of Materials Maintainability Data
Parts Schedules Specifications
Cutting Lists Reports
- Provide the necessary information and guidance to support manufacturing or other business operations
- Understand, adhere, and enact the design checking procedures
- Where required, act as the company's technical interface to the client for technical liaison matters
- Attend project and progress reviews and provide appropriate input on progress and issues
- Provide the required level of post design support to business and customer
- Provide appropriate level of support to other departments where required
- Support production of estimates where required
- Keep all work management tools up to date where required
- Devote the necessary time and attention to satisfactorily undertake the duties of Design Engineer.
- Work in accordance with the Health and Safety Policy and statutory regulations.
- Work in accordance with the Company Quality Assurance System and Company Procedures.
- Undertake any other duties as identified from time to time by the Design Management