Rate on application
7 months ago
Morson International are currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join one of our Military & Defence clients based in Yeovil.
* Responsible for support of various manufacturing and engineering requests for materials analysis, metallographic preparation, evaluation of samples and operation of SEM to support customer requirements.
* Photo-documentation at both macro and micro levels. Calibration and routine maintenance of laboratory analytical instrumentation and metallographic preparation equipment.
* Execution of microhardness and hardness measurements and tensile tests.
Creation and maintenance of work instructions. Administrative support for lab operations. Technical report writing.
* Recording and reporting of analysis results using our client's web-based LIMS software. Able to work independently with a high degree of compliance to commitments.
* Support of continues improvement processes
* Ensures implementation of relevant QMS requirements for materials testing laboratories as well as relevant procedures
Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook) is required.
English language proficiency at the level allowing effective communication in English speaking environment.
Must be able to clearly articulate in verbal and written communication complex technical concepts related to lab work and failure analysis.
Awareness of safe laboratory practices, including proper procedures for handling, storage and disposal of acids, bases, volatile solvents, toxic chemicals along with understanding of related hazards.
Customer focused. Must be able to consistently meet customer requested commitments.
Must be able to interface with engineering personnel to resolve technical issues.
Must be able to cope with a high-demand environment where priorities change frequently and many tasks are being worked at the same time.