Katie Robson Hill
10 days ago
Atlas Elektronik UK
Morson International are recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent basis to work in the maritime defence industry. Based in Dorset, our client develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide.
The key responsibilities include:
- Managing mutli-disciplined teams
- Design of complex systems suitable for a range of marine environments
- Meet stringent technical specifications and requirements
- Undertake analysis of designs provided and recommend design changes where appropriate
- Provide justification through calculation for design approach
- Have the ability to define systems at all stages of the design process defining system architecture
- Trials support
You will be degree qualified (or equivalent) with proven experience of working in a multi disciplined design environment with in depth knowledge of Computer Aided Design. The ideal candidate will have experience with solid edge however experience with other design tools will be considered. You will have good knowledge of drawing standards. You will have experience with designing and implementing cost effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability and efficiency. In addition to this you will have the knowledge to develop, test and evaluate theoretical designs with an appreciation for mechanical, electrical, electronic and software design principles.