£0.00 - £34.00 per annum
10 months ago
We currently have opportunities for Mechanical Design Engineers to join our existing team at our site in Telford and Washington. This will be working within the In-Service Support (ISS) team.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will primarily be working with Heavy Armour military vehicle platforms, such as the Challenger II Main Battle Tank and its combat engineering derivatives, Titan and Trojan. You will be responsible for a range of mechanical engineering activities, such as conducting concept and detailed design, stress analysis, producing drawings and other technical outputs, which will fulfil contractual requirements as well as contributing to cost-effective design.
This position will provide you with the chance to work within a vast and varied role across a number of high-profile military platforms. You will be fully supported in your professional development, with the opportunity to grow and develop your skills within an exciting area of engineering at BAE.
Your main responsibilities as a Mechanical Design Engineer will involve:
* Undertaking system design and integration into vehicle platforms using appropriate CAD tools
* Producing technical reports
* Scheduling your own work to meet target timescales and budget demands
* Conducting calculations and stress analysis, as required, to justify a proposed course of action
* Managing customer requirements and producing technical reports and product specifications
* Investigating and resolving customer's technical queries
Your skills and qualifications:
* Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent qualification or experience within mechanical engineering or closely related discipline
* Demonstrable mechanical design experience gained from a complex engineering environment, such as: oil and gas, automotive, aerospace, defence, rail etc.
* Experience of requirements ownership and solution development
* Design experience within an automotive environment
* Mechanical design experience using 3D CAD software, ideally Siemens NX and Teamcenter PDM
* Experience of conducting Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
* Chartered Engineer or actively working towards accreditation
What were looking for in you:
You will be organised and self-motivated, with the ability to use your initiative. You will also be a great problem solver with a keen eye for detail. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will enable you to deal with internal and external customers effectively.