£40 - £45000 per annum
26 days ago
temp to perm
1. Work within a multidisciplinary team to design and develop electro-mechanical components and systems that meet agreed functional specifications whilst adhering to both internal & international standards.
2. To produce design specifications from either product improvement requests or new product applications.
3. To design, develop and verify products in line with the business needs and to ensure that they are innovative, technically advanced and of high quality.
4. To produce calculations and/or carry out FEA on designs prior to manufacture.
5. To consider the implications of meeting technical legislations when designing products.
6. To design and specify components / products to an agreed target cost.
7. To liaise with the relevant approval bodies to certify, or amend existing product certifications.
8. To assess and/or carry out design change requests in accordance with company quality assurance procedures.
9. To create and manage structured bills of materials in the company's MRP (SAP) system.
10. To maintain and update all existing design office records.
11. Assist with engineering clarifications from sub-contractors / suppliers.
12. Conduct 8D root cause analysis investigations and develop permanent corrective actions.
13. Creating 2D/3D designs using Autodesk Inventor.
14. Conducting "DFMEA" on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs 15. Conducting component and system "design reviews" to obtain buy-in from the business to selected components, designs and suppliers
16. Write documentation including product scope, technical reports, engineering calculation, test reports, and issues etc.
17. Be accountable for release outcomes supporting production, QA suppliers with reviewing products and assessing overall product quality.
18. Monitor industry updates and stay up to date with standards for your industry.