Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£25.00 - £30.00 per hour
Rail Technical Team
9 months ago
3 - 6 months
The Mechanical Design Engineer will work within the Vehicle Integration team within the Engineering Department. Undertaking the formal product development process, from requirements capture and idea generation, through concept and prototype development, to final design verification and validation.
They will work in collaboration with other engineers and with other departments to deliver World class products and services to existing and new customers, internally and externally.
The purpose of this role is to take existing core products and deliver design solutions to power commercial vehicles.
- Design of close tolerance machined components, moulded parts, fabrications, seal design and component selection
- Creating design specification documents
- Creating design layouts and schematics for design solutions
- Building and managing complex 3D models
- Undertaking design analysis including lifetime and strength calculations
- Provide engineering support within manufacturing and to customers where needed
Skills and Experience:
- Degree qualified in a mechanical engineering discipline
- Experience in a product improvement and development design environment (minimum 5 years' experience)
- The ability to substantiate all design activities to achieve on time delivery
- Good 3D visualisation skills
- Familiar with Solid Edge and Ansys software packages
- Experience of working in a proactive engineering environment is essential
- Vehicle design experience would be advantageous, with knowledge of designing fabricated structures a benefit
- Experience in designing moulded parts
- Ability to use finite element/strength analysis
Our client would also be open to receiving applications from prospective candidates seeking permanent positions.