3 months ago
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organisation who manufacture products for the Aerospace and Power Generation sectors.
Within these roles, you will be responsible for designing a wide range of bespoke products ensuring compliance with client specifications, legislative requirements, quality and HSE standards. In addition to this, the Analyst role will involve supporting the design team with the use of analytical tools and, but not limited to FEA and CFD techniques.
Technical skills required:
* Preparation of engineering calculations over a number of disciplines in support of detail design schemes
* Perform concept and detail design work applying acoustic, dynamic, mechanical, and thermo-fluid principles to generate optimum customer solutions
* Participate in research and development activities
* Carry out and take responsibility for site survey activities
* Produce sketch drawings of design concepts in sufficient detail to enable production of detail design definition drawings
* Use IT packages effectively in the course of engineering activities (excel, word, mathcad, CAD, etc.)
* Generate concise and presentable sketches and reports for issue to a range of customers
* Use noise measurement equipment to assess the performance of the company's products (desirable)
* Interpret and implement engineering specifications and standards
* Manage project timescales and achieve or improve deadlines
* Provide progress status reports to line management on a regular basis and work to achieve or improve company and customer objectives of program, cost and quality
* Hazard identification and risk reduction
* Providing technical point of contact direct to the customer and sub-contract resource
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Mechanical Engineering along with experience of working within the aerospace, rail or energy sector providing detailed design.
Ideally these are staff positions however contractors will also be considered.