Katie Robson Hill
5 months ago
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent basis. This is an opportunity to join a growing business who operate in the maritime industry. Our client design, develop and manufacture their products in Dorset.
The key responsibilities include:
- Managing mutli-disciplined teams
- Design of complex systems suitable for a range of marine environments
- Meet stringent technical specifications and requirements
- Undertake analysis of designs provided and recommend design changes where appropriate
- Provide justification through calculation for design approach
- Have the ability to define systems at all stages of the design process defining system architecture
- Trials support
You will be degree qualified (or equivalent) with proven experience of working in a multi disciplined design environment with in depth knowledge of CAD, ideally solid edge. You will have good knowledge of drawing and defence standards. You will have experience with designing and implementing cost effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability and efficiency. In addition to this you will have the knowledge to develop, test and evaluate theoretical designs with an appreciation for mechanical, electrical, electronic and software design principles.