Up to £28.00 per hour
14 days ago
On behalf of a leading Aerospace company Morson currently have a requirement for a mechanical design engineer: An experienced design engineer with concessions experience - occasional shop floor liaison, completing corrective action, obtaining signatory approval etc
The development of design solutions and repair schemes for non-conformances generated during the design, manufacture and test of spacecraft structures and component parts under tight schedule constraints.
Interfacing with project managers and other technical departments in order to optimise the technical solutions and resources, and to ensure that all project and qualification requirements for those related items and systems are met.
* Presenting and justifying design concessions at internal and external customer reviews.
* Participating in reviews to ensure all applicable non-conformance and occurrence reports have been satisfactorily closed prior to spacecraft delivery to the launch site
* Assessing and recommending second closure actions relating to non-conformances to help prevent future similar issues.
* Identifying opportunities for involvement in innovation projects, to investigate and develop new design solutions.
* Focusing on 'On Quality, On Cost, On Time' to minimise impact on the projects.
* Attending team meetings to closely follow the project progress and maintain close relations with the project team.
* Supporting the ESM Team Leader with work-package management activities as required.
* Raising significant issues to the project Responsible Engineers as necessary.
* Taking an active role in the identification of improvement and development activities.
* At least two years industrial experience within a manufacturing environment or within the Aerospace industry
* General office computer skills including use of spreadsheets essential
* Good team working skills and the ability to communicate clearly at all levels within an organisation essential
* Experience in using Windchill or other PDM system
* A good understanding of manufacturing and quality control processes
* An appreciation of design for manufacture principles
Education & Training
* HNC or Degree in relevant Engineering discipline (e.g. Mechanical Engineering)
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.