Leeds, West Yorkshire
Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Mechanical Design Engineer
Permanent: £35,000 - £40,000
Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer with experience in designing specialise purpose machinery who is looking for design role in an industry where there will be a large variety in work and projects? Due to an exciting period of growth the company are looking to add to their Mechanical Design Team. My client design special purpose machinery for the FMCG and food sector.
They are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer, proficient with either Solidworks or Inventor, who has a solid Engineering background & manufacturing knowledge.
Mechanical Design Engineering Duties
- Design and coordination of special purpose machinery
- Design Automation equipment
- Detailed design of concept mechanical drawings from initial concept stage though to production
- Manage the modification of existing equipment
- Developing and re-developing of new products
- Evaluate and understands project requirements to plan execution of components design, select system components and prepare design specification
- Liaise with customers
- Prepare design calculations, specifications and documentation
- Create CAD models in SolidWorks and co-ordinate the design with other parties.
- Attend design meetings / reviews and communicate your design intent
- Convert 3D models into General Arrangement and Detail drawings for manufacture in accordance with CAD standards.
- Provide input and advice to the installation team during the installation of the project on-site including the preparation of layout drawings and handover documentation
Qualifications / Requirements
- HND / Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years working experience in Inventor or Solidworks
- Knowledge of machinery design
- Design of automation systems
If you are interested in the position please contact me on / 0161 707 1516