Halifax, West Yorkshire
Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary - £35,000 plus benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent basis with key client of mine based in Halifax. My client design special purpose machinery for the FMCG, food and beverage sector.
They are seeking a Design Engineer, proficient Solidworks who has a solid Engineering background & manufacturing knowledge. The role of mechanical design engineer is an ideal opportunity to develop your design skills and experience as part of an energetic and progressive team providing innovative solutions to our customers that incorporate a high-level of industry knowledge and cutting-edge technology.
The role reports directly to the Design Team Leader on a day to day basis but the role has an element of autonomy to it, requiring you to work on your own initiative and within a team. There is also the scope to travel due to the international businesses they work with.
Mechanical Design Engineering Duties
- Design and coordination of mechanical and electro-mechanical elements of integrated automation systems and cells.
- Detailed design of concept mechanical drawings from initial concept stage though to production
- Developing and re-developing of new products
- Evaluate and understands project requirements to plan execution of components design, select system components and prepare design specification
- Liaise with customers
- Prepare design calculations, specifications and documentation
- Create CAD models in SolidWorks and co-ordinate the design with other parties.
- Attend design meetings / reviews and communicate your design intent
- Convert 3D models into General Arrangement and Detail drawings for manufacture in accordance with CAD standards.
- Provide input and advice to the installation team during the installation of the project on-site including the preparation of layout drawings and handover documentation
Qualifications / Requirements
* HND / Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* At least 5 years working experience in Solidworks
If you are interested in the position please contact me on / 0161 707 1516