£28.00 - £30.00 per hour
3 months ago
JOB TITLE: Mechanical CAD Designer
Experience and Skills
- CAD design with associated standard design software (Solid Works and CATIA are preferable).
- Experience with modelling of parts, assemblies, mechanisms, detailed drawings and assembly drawings
- Experience in propulsion detailed design and rules (tubing and harness accommodation)
- Knowledge of Engineering Drawing Standards (such as BS8888) including geometric tolerancing.
- Understanding of materials, machining/manufacturing processes and inspection relevant to detailed design.
- Experience of working in a multi-discipline team environment.
- Customer, partners, suppliers interface.
- Experience in the Space industry would be an asset.
Primary Purpose of Role
In the frame of Thales Alenia Space (TAS) deployment in UK :
- Perform the Mechanical Design for space products and propulsion subsystem, from conceptual designs to development, production and delivery.
- Responsibility for CAD and configuration management tools and licensing.
- Management of Mechanical Design activities and development of procedures.