£25.00 - £27.50 per hour
4 months ago
Experience and Skills:
* CAD design with associated standard design software (Solid Works and CATIA are preferable).
* Experience with modelling of parts, assemblies, mechanisms, detailed drawings and assembly drawings
* Experience in propulsion detailed design and rules (tubing and harness accommodation)
* Knowledge of Engineering Drawing Standards (such as BS8888) including geometric tolerancing.
* Understanding of materials, machining/manufacturing processes and inspection relevant to detailed design.
* Experience of working in a multi-discipline team environment.
* Customer, partners, suppliers interface.
* Experience in the Space industry would be an asset.
Primary Purpose of Role:
* Perform the Mechanical Design for space products and propulsion subsystem, from conceptual designs to development, production and delivery.
* Responsibility for CAD and configuration management tools and licensing.
* Management of Mechanical Design activities and development of procedures.